Have any issue when importing Canon EOS M5 MP4 files to Final Cut Pro X/7/6? Just follow this simple guide to fix for EOS M5 editing problems in FCP.
Canon announced EOS M5 which
can record full 1080p HD videos in H.264 MP4 format. While enjoying the stunning HD image quality, many folks may encountered many problems, like import it slowly, and couldn't edit videos
smoothly, when you attempt to import the MP4 video from Canon EOS M5 to Final Cut Pro X or FCP 7/6 for editing.
The reason that you can't edit Canon EOS M5 .mp4 files in FCP is simple: the Canon M5 uses the sophisticated H.264 compression method for recording video files to the camera's memory card. So the files you getting out of Canon EOS M5 are suited to be delivered as is, which is usually not what you want.
In order to edit Canon EOS M5 MP4 files in Final Cut Pro smoothly, the H.264 compression format requires that files be transcoded into a format better suited to editing, effects, and color grading; this would usually be Apple ProRes codec, which ensures maximum editing quality and efficiency when working with Final Cut Pro 7 or FCP X.
Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is considered to be the best video app for you here. This Mac video converter features full support for almost all Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Nikon, GoPro, DJI, Typhoon H, Logitech BRIOcamera/camcorder footages.
It enables you to transcode Canon EOS M5 MP4 clips to FCP friendly prores.mov video without quality loss. Besides, it also exports optimal formats for using in Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Avid Media Composer, After Effects, Premiere Pro,Davinci Resolve, and more NLEs. Well, if you are Windows users, please turn to Dimo Video Converter Ultimate. Below is a simple guide to follow for transcoding Canon EOS M5 MP4 videos for editing in FCP X/7/6 with Apple Prores codec.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Vi ... 194_4-77376153.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac.soft32.com/
How to import
Canon EOS M5 MP4 footage to Final Cut Pro
Note: If you are also a FCP X user, before you try to do the conversion, don't forget to make sure that you have installed the Apple ProRes Codec manually since the FCP X asks users to install it by themselves.
1. Launch the Canon MP4 converter. Click "Add File" icon to load Canon EOS M5 .mp4 video files or directly drag the files into file list.
2. Click "Select Format" drop-down bar to select a proper video format. To edit Canon EOS M5 MP4 videos in FCP, we recommend "Editor" > "Fina Cut Pro X" or "Final Cut Pro 7", which is the suitable one.
a. Click the "Edit" button and then select a specific function to open the video editing window. As you see, video editing functions like Trim, Crop, Watermark, Effect, 3D are provided to meet your needs.
b. Click "Settings" button if you'd like to customize advanced audio and video parameters like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, audio channels.
3. Click "Start" bar to start converting Canon EOS M5 MP4 to Final Cut Pro. When the conversion is done, you are ready to get the resulted files by clicking "Open" and import the output files to FCP (the latest FCP X 10.1.3 included) without any trouble. Congratulations! You have successfully taken the first step to make your own masterpiece.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 Macs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 Macs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; Convert Blu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO/M2TS; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
An all-around video converter software program that enables you to convert various video and audio files to formats that are supported by most multimedia devices.
8K Player (Mac/Win)
A mixture of free HD/4K video player, music player, Blu-ray/DVD player, video recorder and gif maker.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.
- Free Download Mother's Day Songs
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 Download Free in 720P/1080P HD
- Convert downloaded World Baseball Classic to MP4
- Clone Blu-ray to ISO for playback or storage
- How to Backup Fitness DVDs to Help You Keep Fit
- Top 10 Yoga Songs List and Best Yoga Music Download Tips
- Best Way to Edit Panasonic GH5 4K in Sony Vegas Pro
- How to Play 4K/1080P/720P MXF Videos on Samsung Galaxy S8?
- Change MKV from MKVCinemas to MP4 with ease
- Change MKV from MKVCinemas to MP4 with ease