Have problems with importing MKV files to Premiere Pro CC/CS6? This article is about how to convert MKV to Premiere compatible format to avoid rendering.
While looking to edit some
MKV movies (ripped with MakeMKV, download from online or from other
source), the only problem is that NLE like Adobe Premiere Pro won't import MKV files directly, and you may come across lots of problems, such as nothing shows up on the screen, or there is only
image or you only get sound in Premiere Pro. If you're having trouble editing MKV files in Premiere Pro CC (2017), CS6, CS5, etc., just read on for details.
Actually, Adobe Premiere Pro supported video formats do not include MKV format. So what's the best way to resolve the MKV and PPro incompatibility issue? Well, as we've found out yet, the easy workaround is to transcode MKV to a more editing-friendly format, such a Premiere Pro's MOV or MPEG-2 codec. with Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac.
It's an optimal MKV converter that helps you decode MKV files when converting into a different, and ideally more edit friendly format for Premiere Pro. So you can edit MKV footage with Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 without any issue. Beside, this video convert program can also help to convert MKV to Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, FCE, etc. Plus, with the built-in video editing feature of the program, you can trim, crop, add watermark, set effect and more to your video files so as to bring you a wonderful home movie as you want. If you want to transcode MKV to Premiere Pro on Windows, please turn to Dimo Video Converter Ultimate. Now download the software and follow the steps to re-encode .mkv to Premiere Pro for editing.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-77376153.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac/digazgge.html
- handyarchive Download: http://www.handyarchive.com/Audio/Rippers-Encoders/176347-Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate-for-Mac.html
- filetransit Download: http://www.filetransit.com/screenshot.php?id=450316
- filedudes Download: http://www.filedudes.com/Dimo_Video_Converter_Ultimate_for_Mac-download-226665.html
- directoryofshareware Download:http://www.directoryofshareware.com/preview/dimo_video_converter_ultimate_for_mac/
- xentrik Download: http://www.xentrik.net/software/dimo_video_converter_ultimate_for_mac.html
- filebuzz Download: http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo/470884/Dimo_Video_Converter_Ultimate_for_Mac.html
- fileflash Download: http://146210.7.fileflash.com/download/
- yankeedownload Download: http://www.yankeedownload.com/software/dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac-lnpol.html
- dodownload Download: http://www.dodownload.com/audio/grabber-converter/dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac.html
- Antivire Download: http://www.antivire.com/Downloads/Audio-Multimedia/Rippers-Converters/Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate-for_46665.html
How to Successfully Import MKV into Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5
Step 1: Import MKV files
Run MKV to Premiere Converter for Mac and load source MKV clips to it. You can import MKV clips to the program through "Add File" button. You can also directly drag the video files into the program directly. Not only MKV file, but also MP4, AVI, VOB, WMV, FLV, etc are supported. Batch conversion is supported by the latest 3.0.0 version, so you can load more than one file to save time.
Step 2: Choose Premiere Pro preferred format
Click "Select Format" pull down list to select "Editor > Adobe Premiere" as the best video format for Premiere Pro. WMV, MPEG-2 formats from "Format > Video" are the good choice as well.
Tip -Profile Settings: In case the default settings do not fit your requirement, you can click "Settings" button and enter "Profile Settings" panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels.
Step 3: Start conversion
Click "Start" button to start convert MKV for importing to Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5. When the conversion task is finished, click "Open" button to get the exported files.
Step 4: Import converted MKV files into Premiere Pro
You're now ready to get the result files into Adobe Premiere Pro to do further editing. Launch Premiere Pro on your Mac, choose "File > Import" to import any file. If you prefer to use keyboard shortcuts, press Command+I to open the standard Import dialog.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 Macs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 Macs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; Convert Blu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO/M2TS; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
An all-around video converter software program that enables you to convert various video and audio files to formats that are supported by most multimedia devices.
8K Player (Mac/Win)
A mixture of free HD/4K video player, music player, Blu-ray/DVD player, video recorder and gif maker.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.
- Loop Video Using VLC
- How to Fix VLC Player no sound issue?
- Solution to Play WMV on iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Playing MP4 video on Toshiba TV off a USB stick
- Is it possible to view Video_ts folder on Samsung TV
- How to Watch MTS footage on TV through USB or wifi
- Solve Issues with Canon T7i/800D MP4 in Sony Vegas Pro
- How to Convert WMV to YouTube Format for Uploading
- Editing H.264 video from Canon T7i/800D in Davinci Resolve
- Convert MP4 to Premiere Pro to Import MP4 to Adobe Premiere