This article outlines how to ingest Sony a7S II 4K XAVC S into Avid Media Composer 8/7/6/5 for smooth editing. Keep reading for a brief how-to.
Making strides in the video
arena, a7S II Mirrorless Digital Camera from Sony offers an impressive blend of sensitivity, dynamic range, resolution, and speed to benefit a versatile multimedia workflow. Revolving around a
full-frame 12.2MP Exmor CMOS sensor, the a7S II is capable of internal UHD 4K recording at 30 fps with full pixel readout as well as 1080p recording at up to 120 fps, all in the XAVC S format.
However, when it comes to view, load and edit Sony Alpha A7S II 4K XAVC S videos in Avid Media Composer 8/7/6/5, there are a few issues. So what's the matter and is there an available way to work
with Alpha A7S II 4K XAVC S in Avid MC smoothly?
Sony has created a special free of charge AMA plug-in for Avid which provides support for XAVC and XDCAM/XDCAM HD files in Avid Media Composer. As we all know that Avid tools support MPEG-4 using QuickTime as well as using MediaReactor Workstation. However, QuickTime cannot handle XAVC-S form Sony and other manufacturer's cameras. MediaReactor can, but when adding them to Media Composer/Newcutter/etc, you must specify which reader you want to use.
1. To load an XAVC-S file into Avid software like Media Composer, right click on the bin to bring up a context menu.
2. In the file selection dialog, drop down the "Files of type" and make sure the MediaReactor line is selected.
3. You can then double click on the file, or click open, to bring it into the bin. If the MediaReactor plug in was not selected you will see Unsupported Format in the bin and Wrong Format when you try to play it. If it loaded properly, the bin should have a line that looks like this:
Alternative solution to transcode A7S II 4K XAVC S in Avid MC
Although the AMA plug-in and Media Reactor can solve some people's confusion about importing XAVC and XAVC S to Avid MC for editing, it's not for all the cases. Here is an all-in-one solution to import A7S II 4K XAVC S into Avid MC for you - that is, convert Sony A7S II 4K XAVC S to Avid Media Composer natively supported format like DNxHD .mov, instead of installing plug-in, so that your system runing on a smooth way. No matter the files you recorded is XAVC or XAVC S, as long as Avid MC recongnize them correctly, it's ok.
The process is surprisingly easy and can be done using Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac, which is available for Mac and Windows users, which is an easy-to use, functional video converter and video editor. Developed with the most advanced converting technology, this Mac 4K video converter truly and fully supports input and output videos at upto 4K resolution.
With it, you can effortlessly convert your 4K videos formatted in MP4, MOV, XAVC, XAVC S, MXF to advanced encoders like DNxHD, MPEG-2, Apple ProRes and Apple Intermediate Codec, ensuring maximum editing quality and efficiency when working with Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Davinci Resolve, etc. If you're facing problems when editing 4K footage, just download it to convert the 4K stuff for smoothly importing and editing in your editing systems. If you’r using a Windows PC, simply turn to the Windows version here. Below are steps on converting Sony A7S II 4K XAVC S footage for Avid Media Composer.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-77376153.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac/digazgge.html
- handyarchive Download: http://www.handyarchive.com/Audio/Rippers-Encoders/176347-Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate-for-Mac.html
- filetransit Download: http://www.filetransit.com/screenshot.php?id=450316
- filedudes Download: http://www.filedudes.com/Dimo_Video_Converter_Ultimate_for_Mac-download-226665.html
- directoryofshareware Download:http://www.directoryofshareware.com/preview/dimo_video_converter_ultimate_for_mac/
- xentrik Download: http://www.xentrik.net/software/dimo_video_converter_ultimate_for_mac.html
- filebuzz Download: http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo/470884/Dimo_Video_Converter_Ultimate_for_Mac.html
- fileflash Download: http://146210.7.fileflash.com/download/
- yankeedownload Download: http://www.yankeedownload.com/software/dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac-lnpol.html
- dodownload Download: http://www.dodownload.com/audio/grabber-converter/dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac.html
- Antivire Download: http://www.antivire.com/Downloads/Audio-Multimedia/Rippers-Converters/Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate-for_46665.html
Sony A7S II 4K XAVC S For Editing in Avid Media Composer
1. Launch the 4K video converter for Mac, then drag & drop the 4K files onto the main interface, or you can click the "Add File" button to locate the videos from your local disk.
2. Click "Select Format" pull down list to select "Editor" and choose "DNxHD 720P" or "DNxHD 1080P" as the best video format for Avid Media Composer. The output videos will keep the original quality of MOV files and seamlessly fit Avid Media Composer.
You can click Settings to adjust video and audio parameters to get the best quality video. For smooth workflow of Sony A7S II 4K XAVC S video with Avid Media Composer, you are recommended to downscale 4K XAVC S to 1080pfrom "Resolution" drop-down selection.
3. Click the "Start" icon under the preview window, and the Mac video converter will start converting Sony Alpha A7S II 4K XAVC S to Avid Media Composer on Mac. When the conversion is finished, you can click "Open" button to get the generated MOV files effortlessly. Afterwards, you can launch your editing program to import converted 4K XAVC S clips into Avid Media Composer for further editing or uploading to YouTube.
a. This Sony XAVC S Converter Mac can also help you to encode XAVC/XAVC S video to FCP, iMovie, FCE, Premiere Pro, etc. You just need to choose a proper video format as output.
b. Apart from that, its built-in editor can help users to do some basic editing work before conversion, like trimming, cutting, cropping, adding effect/watermark etc.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 Macs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 Macs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; Convert Blu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO/M2TS; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
An all-around video converter software program that enables you to convert various video and audio files to formats that are supported by most multimedia devices.
8K Player (Mac/Win)
A mixture of free HD/4K video player, music player, Blu-ray/DVD player, video recorder and gif maker.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.
- 3 ways to use .mov files in Camtasia Studio
- How to Get Final Cut Pro to Accept MP4 files
- How to use MP4 in Pinnacle Studio 20/19/18/17
- How to bring Video_ts folder into Final Cut Pro (X)
- Import DJI Phantom 4K files to FCP X/7 on macos Sierra
- Solved - Premiere Pro CC/CS6 Won't Import XC15 4K MXF Files